is located in a pleasant valley at the end of
Val de Dagne, at the foot of Mount Alaric, 24 km from Carcassonne. It is located in the department of the Aude
in the Languedoc-Roussillon region and in the Corbières area.
Its very privileged location allows its inhabitants as well as its visitors to enjoy the seaside in summer (Mediterranean beaches are 60 km away), mountains in winter (100 km away), whilst benefiting from the advantages of the country lifestyle (quiet, nature and open spaces).
Vignobles, forêts, garrigues, champs et rivières composent les paysages vallonnés des alentours.
The village enjoys a Mediterranean climate and belongs to the French second sunniest area (see la sun area map).
- From Narbonne: Motorway A61, exit 25 or D6113 to Lézignan-Corbières; D611 to Fabrezan;
D212 (direction Lagrasse) for 2.5 km; D114 (direction Montlaur) for 8.5 km.
- From Carcassonne: Motorway A61, exit 24 or D6113 to Trèbes; D3 (direction Lagrasse) for 14 km; D114 (direction Montlaur) for 2 km.
- Ryanair and EasyJet (UK, Belgium) fly to Carcassonne airport,
- British Airways and Air France fly to Perpignan and Montpellier airports,
- Airlinair (Paris, Bastia, Bristol) fly to Béziers airport.
- Closest train stations are Lézignan-Corbières, Carcassonne and Narbonne.
See Montlaur on GoogleMaps
(geographical coordinates: latitude 43° 07' 50'' North, longitude 2° 33' 31'' East)